1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect information about you when you interact with the Sites, including when you log in to the Sites, create an account, join our mailing list, make a purchase, request a service, request information, communicate with customer service, apply for a job, or upload content to the Sites through various means, including your social media account, which may feed information to the Sites. The information that we may collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Contact and identity information (including name, postal addresses, email address, telephone number, and login credentials.);
- Financial information (including payment card information, billing and mailing addresses.);
- Commercial information such as information about the products and services that you purchased.;
- Additional identity information such as demographic information (including age/birthdate, gender, and country in which you are located);
- Health that you provide to us through the Sites regarding your health, activities, and skincare concerns;
- Physical characteristics you provide to us through the Sites such as your eye color and skin tone;
- Social media information such as social media handles and content you post on social media linked to our Sites as described below;
- User content including information that you choose to submit in connection with your comments or inquiries;
- photographs and other content that you provide; (e.g. product reviews, videos);
- Preferences regarding products and services, whether provided by you or inferred by us based on other information we collect);
- Employment information such as occupation, professional license number, license type, license expiration date, specialty skills, and company name (obtained from beauty professionals);
- as well as employment history, education history, and other information contained in a resume uploaded through our Site or submitted through an online application form (obtained from job applicants, to the extent permitted by applicable law).
We may automatically collect information about the devices and networks that you use to interact with the Sites, as well as information about how you interact with the Sites. The information that we automatically collect may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- IP address and other device identifiers, which may provide, among other things, location information;
- Browser type and version;
- Operating system type;
- Language your system uses and country and time zone where your device is located;
- Information you searched for on the Sites;
- When and for how long you visited the Sites;
- Pages you visited while on the Sites;
- Time spent on those pages; and
- Web page that referred you to our Sites.
The information that we collect may be associated with any personal information that you have provided to us.
Your Precise Geolocation. When you interact with the Sites, you may be asked for permission to allow us to collect your precise geolocation information. If you consent to such collection, we may use this information to provide you location-based or targeted advertisements and social media posts; to locate our nearby salons, spas, or retailers; or for analytics purposes. You may discontinue our collection and use of geolocation information by changing the settings on your browser or mobile device.
Our Sites are general audience Sites not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
We may use the information we collect about you to do the following:
Provide Products, Services, and Other Information, including Advertising, That May Interest You
- Facilitate your transactions, including processing and fulfilling purchases, shipping orders, scheduling and confirming appointments, communicating about orders and their status, and personalizing the customer experience, where possible;
- Provide services you have requested;
- Send you promotional materials and other communications, in accordance with applicable laws;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Send you email alerts relating to investor relations, if you request to receive them;
- Send you text messages, which may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our sites and may prompt messaging such as abandon messages;
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, offers, loyalty programs, surveys and market research;
- Deliver advertisements based on your interests;
- Provide you with an interactive social media experience that allows you to connect your social networking community to the Sites;
- Create and manage your account;
- Process your employment application, and notify you of future employment opportunities that may be of interest to you; and
- Help you locate beauty professionals and distributors of our products.
Manage and Improve our Business Operations
- Operate and manage the Sites;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business, including by managing, enhancing, improving, and analyzing our products, services, business, and the performance and functioning of the Sites; developing new products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
- Enforce our agreements;
- Study how consumers use the Sites; and
- Perform other market research, such as determining trends and business opportunities based on consumer activity.
Ensure a Secure Online Environment and Comply with Legal Requirements
- Protect against and detect fraud, abuse, and other unlawful activity;
- Comply with all applicable laws and our reporting obligations.
Profiling. We may use your personal information to develop a personal profile about you to allow us, for example, to treat you in a more personal way as part of our customer outreach.
You can choose not to provide personal information to Pythonified by refraining from, among other things, making purchases, using our services, applying for a job, and requesting information. You also may refrain from submitting information directly to us However, if you do not provide personal information when requested, we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our products and services, or with information about our products, services, promotions, and other opportunities.
Promotional Communications. If you sign up to receive promotional communications from us via email or text message, we will add you to our promotional lists for the method of communication you have selected. we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or whether and when you read an email or text message. Some messages may be general in nature and sent to everyone on our lists, and others may be created based on actions you have taken on our Site.Your mobile carrier's message and data rates may apply to any text messages we send to you.
Text Message Opt-Out. If you no longer wish to receive promotional text messages from us, you can opt-out at any time by replying "STOP" to any text message you receive from us.
You can review modify, and delete certain information related to your use of our Sites by accessing your account. You also may ask us to update your information or exercise certain choices regarding your information by contacting us at email@example.com
Analytics. We may use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on our Sites. The analytics providers may use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons to help us analyze visitors’ use of our Sites. The information collected through these technologies, including your IP address, may be disclosed to the analytics providers and other relevant third parties that use the information to analyze the use of the Sites.
We do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
In addition, as noted above, we may share your information with third-party analytics companies for the purpose of conducting research about how our Sites are used and what products and services consumers prefer. These third parties use this information to provide us the services and perform the functions for which we have contracted.
We also may provide to third parties, including other businesses and members of the public, aggregated statistical data showing general usage patterns and statistics, interactions, and transactions with our Sites. This data does not personally identify you or provide specific information about individual usage.
We also may share your information with third parties, including law enforcement authorities, where we determine that doing so is appropriate to:
- Protect our property, services, and legal rights;
- Prevent physical harm to persons or to the property of others, financial loss, security incidents, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Prevent fraud against Pythonified and others;
- Support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- Comply with subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal processes issued by law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts; and
- Comply with any and all applicable laws.
If you would like to disconnect a social network account from the Sites, refer to the settings of your social network account and its provider.
Your internet browser or mobile device may allow you to block the transmission of certain information. For example, you may be able to configure your browser to notify you when you receive certain types of cookies, restrict or disable certain cookies, or block cookies altogether. You also may be able to delete certain cookies, called Flash cookies, by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Panel and Global Storage Settings Panel. You may choose to enable these options, but doing so may prevent you from using many of the core features and functions available on the Sites.
We have implemented an information security program that includes administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard information that can individually identify you.
Unless you direct us otherwise, we reserve the right to retain your personal information to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Sites or otherwise collected by or provided to us, including personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the Sites; or
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and assets; or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Pythonified is a global company and may collect and process information in countries throughout the world. Therefore, subject to applicable laws, your personal information may be located and processed in a country where Pythonified does business, other than your country of residence or the country from which you provided Pythonified with your personal information. These other countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside.
In addition, we may transfer the personal information we collect about you through the Sites to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers in other countries, such as to the United States, for the purposes described above. When we transfer your personal information to another country, we do so in accordance with applicable law.
When we transfer personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK) or Switzerland to non-EEA and UK countries, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms, such as Standard Contract Clauses, which may be requested by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By providing us with your information through the Sites, you consent to this collection, processing, and transfer of your personal information.
Our Sites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. We strongly suggest that you review the privacy policies or notices of linked websites that you visit. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with us, use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
The providers of third-party plug-ins, such as social networking tools, on our Sites may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the Sites and your interactions with these features. The providers of third-party plug-ins may also collect information you provide, for example, when you make a purchase, you may be asked to provide information on a seperate retailer's online website either directly, or via a service provider, such as Shoppable. This information is governed by the privacy policies of the providers of the third-party plug-ins. To the extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for these third-party plug-in providers’ privacy practices.
The following additional notices apply to residents of particular jurisdictions:
Notice to Residents of California
Your California Privacy Rights
Rights to Know
You may request any of the following, for the 12 month period preceding your request: (1) the categories of your personal information we have collected about you, or that we have sold, or disclosed for a commercial purpose; (2) the categories of sources from which your personal information was collected; (3) the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold your personal information; (4) the categories of third parties to whom we have sold your personal information, or disclosed it for a business purpose; and (5) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete
You have the right to delete certain personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions under applicable law.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment as a result of your exercise of rights conferred by the CCPA.
You may request a list of personal information we have disclosed about you to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.
Opt-Out of Sale
Although we do not currently engage in the "sale: (as defined by the CCPA) of personal information, you have the right to direct us to stop selling your personal information to third parties for commercial purposes in the future. Please see below for information on exercising your opt-our rights.
To the extent we have actual knowledge that we collect or maintain personal information of a minor under age 16, those minors between the age of 13 and 16 must opt in to any sales of personal information (as defined under CCPA), and minors under the age of 13 must have a parent consent to sales of personal information (as defined under CCPA); all minors have the right to opt-out later at any time.
Minor's' User Content
Submission and Verification of Requests
You may submit any of the above requests by emailing email@example.com or writing to us at:
442 5th Avenue #2611
Manhattan, NY 10018
If you are a minor requesting assistance exercising your right to removal of content or information you have publicly posted, please provide a detailed description of the specific content or information you need assistance removing. We will work with you to delete your information, but please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even when requested.
All rights requests must be verified to ensure that the individual making the request is authorized to make that request, to reduce fraud, and to ensure the security of your personal information. We may require that you provide the email address we have on file for you (and verify that you can access that email account) as well as an address, phone number, or other data we have on file, in order to verify your identity. If an agent is submitting the request on your behalf, we reserve the right to validate the agent’s authority to act on your behalf.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for Business Purposes
For purposes of the CCPA, we may disclose to Service Providers for “business purposes” the following categories of Personal Data: Identity Data, Contact Data, Location Data, Device/Network Data, Commercial Data, Inference Data, Financial Data, Audio/Visual Data, Health Data, and User Content.
Categories of Personal Data Sold
For purposes of the CCPA , we do not currently "sell" personal information as defined by the CCPA.
You have certain rights regarding the personal information that we maintain about you, which in certain circumstances you will be able to exercise. These rights are as follows:
- You may request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you. If we maintain your information based on your consent or so that we could enter into a contract with you, you can also request that we provide you a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- If your information is incorrect, you may request that we correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate.
- You may request that we erase or restrict the processing of your personal information.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances when we process your data for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
Subject to applicable law, we will comply with your request as soon as practicable, and in any event, within not more than 1 month after receiving a valid request. If your request is particularly complicated, we may have to extend this period to 2 months. Any request to exercise these rights will be assessed in accordance with applicable law and there may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request. For example, we may reject requests that we determine are unreasonably repetitive or that risk the privacy of others. Access and correction requests may be done for free, unless they are repetitive, excessive or unfounded, in which case we may charge you the administrative costs we have incurred handling the request.
Some of these rights can be exercised online via your account. For example, you can review, modify, and delete certain information relating to your use of our Sites and unsubscribe to email, text, or other messages. If you are unable to manage your request via your online account then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Opt Out of Marketing or Withdraw Consent
In addition, you may at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. We will apply your preferences going forward, subject to applicable law.
In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to Pythonified ’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you will not be able to take advantage of certain Pythonified products and services.
If you are unhappy or have concerns about the way in which we have handled your personal information, please contact us (see “How You Can Contact Us”) so that we can try to resolve the issue. We encourage you to get in touch with us first; however, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority.
442 5th Avenue #2611
Manhattan, NY 10018